|Complet On-Board Celestial Navigation: 4th edition for 2011-2015|
|by George G Bennett|
|e ISBN: 9780987092403|
|Publisher: DoctorZed Publishing|
Your All-in-One Navigation Tool Kit.
Celestial navigation remains an essential skill for every mariner who ventures out of sight of land.
In this era of electronic navigation, it is the perfect backup system, enabling you to determine your position when the GPS malfunctions or your boat loses electrical power.
This is the 4th edition of the popular 'single-volume' format for every bit of information you need to understand the process, take sights, and find your location anywhere in the world.
Compiled for beginning and experienced celestial navigators alike, and elegantly designed on the assumption that an accuracy of about 1-mile is perfectly adequate for backup navigation, this handy volume replaces $300 worth and thousands of pages of guides, tables, and almanacs
The Complete On-Board Celestial Navigator includes:
• A clear, concise primer/refresher that explains the entire process
• Five year nautical almanac (2011 - 2015) for determining precise star, sun, moon, and planet locations at the time of observation
• Five year star and planet finder and identification
• Simplified Sight Reduction tables that require no interpolation to produce a fix anywhere in the world
George G. Bennett, Ph.D. was the former owner and director of CN Systems, which produced navigational calculators and computer software. He is the former head of the School of Surveying, Faculty of Engineering, at the University of New South Wales, an elected Fellow of the Institution of Surveyors and the Institute of Navigation. He has served as a visiting scientist at Her Majesty's Nautical Almanac Office at the Royal Observatory.
Also Available at:
|Other Travel eBook Titles|
|Comments & Reviews|
- Thank you for supporting our authors.